Methods from Student Loans
OSAP/Government Student Loans
Fall/Winter and Summer OSAP funding for Full-Time Students (60% or more of a full course load; 40% if you are a student with a permanent disability)
- Visit your OSAP account online to review your funding entitlement.
- Tuition owing to Western will be taken from your OSAP funding automatically, any funds remaining will be direct deposited to your bank account.
- If your OSAP funding is not enough to cover your tuition, you must pay the difference by the due date on your Statement of Account.
- If your OSAP application is not processed with an assessment, you must pay your fees by the due date.
- If you are unable to pay your fees by the fee payment due date, go to Student Central, Room 1120, Western Student Services Building or visit http://westernchat.uwo.ca to discuss deferment arrangements. Fee deferments are not granted for full fees. Special deferments are available to students on the basis of proven financial need.
- Western must confirm that you are enrolled in the applicable courseload, as per your application, before the Ministry can release your funding.
Fall/Winter and Summer OSAP Funding for Part-Time Students (20 to 59% of a full course load; 20 to 39% for students with a permanent disability)
Part-time OSAP applications must be received by Student Financial Aid no later than 6 weeks before the end of your study period. Your tuition fees will be deducted from your loan/grant funding. If your funding is not enough to cover your full tuition, the outstanding balance MUST be paid by the due date on your statement of account to avoid a late payment penalty.
*New beginning Fall 2019 - Part-time Loan/Grant funding will be direct deposited and no longer in the paper funding certificate format. For details regarding your funding amounts and dates of disbursement, please check your Part-time OSAP account online through the OSAP website.
If you are receiving government student loans from another province and wish to defer your tuition to your loan, forward a copy of your Government Student Loan Notice of Assessment to Student Central, Room 1120, Western Student Services Building. Alternatively, you may submit a written request for a tuition deferral along with a copy of your Government Student Loan Notice of Assessment, by fax to 519-850-2394, or mail to: Western University, Student Financial Aid, Room 1100, Western Student Services Bldg, London, Ontario, N6A 3K7. Please include your name and student number on any documentation submitted.
If you have received previous Full-Time OSAP Loans, and you are not receiving full-time OSAP loans for Fall/Winter, and are enrolled in an eligible course load for the current study period, please complete a Continuation of Interest-Free Status Application available online from your OSAP account. If requiring a paper form, please come to Student Central, Room 1120, WSSB.
This form can be completed on or after your study period start date and no later than your study period end date.
Graduate students will need to complete and submit a Continuation of Interest-Free Status Application for every term you are attending studies if you are not in receipt of Full-Time OSAP funding.