Youth in Extended Society Care
If you grew up in the care of the Canadian Children’s Aid Society, you may be eligible for bursary support to cover your full tuition at Western. For up to 20 students (5 students per year for 4 years), we offer to cover:
- Full tuition for up to 4 years of full-time studies at Western main campus.
- Ancillary fees for up to 4 years.
- Books & supplies for required courses for the module(s) the student is pursuing.
- You will or have expired out of extended society care without being publicly adopted.
- You are applying to a first-entry program at Western University main campus.
- You are planning to enroll in full-time fall term studies and complete an undergraduate degree in four years.
- You receive an offer of admission to Western main campus and meet the final admission conditions on your offer.
Step 1: Apply to any undergraduate program at Western through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre.
Step 2: Self-identify as a youth in extended society care by filling out our Extended Society Care Youth Form by April 30.
Step 3: Complete an OSAP application for your academic year and submit all required supporting documents, including the Verification of Status with Ontario Children’s Aid Society form.