Register in Courses
Course Registration is completed in Student Center. See drop down options below for how to make changes to your enrollment (e.g. add/drop/swap/waitlist). These steps remain the same regardless of the Term in which you wish to register. The process leading up to registration however, varies based on the Term (Fall/Winter, Summer). Choose your Term below for more information.
Note: Online course registration ends after the last day to add the course. After the online registration period ends, use a course change form to drop a course. Consult your Faculty Academic Counselling Office for more information.
If you have a valid enrollment appointment, you may begin adding, dropping or swapping classes.
- Log into Student Center.
- Under the Academic Section select Enroll in Classes.
- Pick a course to add using either Search for Class or Enter Class Nbr (not Course number!)
- When the course you are searching for appears, select the Next button to go to the next step in registering for this course. This course has now been added to your Course Enrollment Worksheet.
Note: At the bottom of the page you will see classes you have already placed in your shopping cart. You are NOT enrolled in these courses until you have completed the adding process.
- Repeat above steps to continue adding classes.
- Select the Finish Enrolling button to enroll in the class(es) in your Course Enrollment Worksheet.
- Log into Student Center.
- Under the Academic Section select Enroll in Classes then select the Drop
- Select the class you wish to drop by clicking in the Select
- Select Drop Selected Classes.
- Select Finish Dropping.
Swap a Class:
Visual Detailed Guide - Swapping a Class (pdf)
Visual Detailed Guide- Swapping a Lab or Tutorial or Exam Centre (pdf)
- Log into Student Center.
- Under the Academics > Planning, select Enroll in Classes.
- Choose the My Academics tab, Swap.
- Select the course you wish to swap by choosing from the list in the Select from your schedule dropdown box.
- To Swap a Class, choose a replacement course using either the Class Search or My Planner if you have courses saved in your planner.
- To Swap a Tutorial/Lab/Exam Centre, choose the SAME course as your replacement; navigate through the options to find 1. the desired tutorial/lab/exam centre and 2. the same Lecture section in which you are currently enrolled.
- After making your choice, you will be presented with a page with the details on your swap.
- Review the details of your swap & once satisfied, click the Finish Swapping. A page will come up with the information about your swap. The status heading will tell you if your courses were swapped successfully, or if there was an error.
For the 2019 Fall/Winter Term wait lists will be available on select Undergraduate classes starting July 19th.
Wait lists will be available on these 2019 Fall/Winter course offerings:
|Chinese 2240F||550||Chinese 3651G||550||Computer Science 2212A||001|
|Chinese 2241G||550||Chinese 4440A||550||Computer Science 2212B||001|
|Chinese 2242F||550||Classics 2300||001||Comptuer Science 2214A||001|
|Chinese 2244G||550||Classics 2301A||001||Computer Science 2214B||001|
|Chinese 2245F||550||Classics 2301B||001||Film 2159B||001|
|Chinese 2246G||550||Computer Science 2208A||001||MIT 2151A||001, 002|
|Chinese 2247G||550||Computer Science 2208B||001||MIT 3207F||001|
|Chinese 2271G||550||Computer Science 2209A||001||MIT 3223F||001|
|Chinese 2601A||550||Computer Science 2209B||001||MIT 3225F||001|
|Chinese 2602B||550||Computer Science 2210A||001||MIT 3776A||001|
|Chinese 3340A||550||Computer Science 2210B||001||MIT 3829F||001|
|Chinese 3341B||550||Computer Science 2211A||001||MIT 3833F||001|
|Chinese 3650F||550||Computer Science 2211B||001||Political Science 3208G||001|
How to Join A Wait List
- When adding a class, select the "Waitlist if class is full" option to join the wait list.
The wait list option will not be available on all classes.
- Your wait list position will be provided in the enrollment confirmation message:
Your wait list position is also noted on your class schedule in Student Center [Planning – My Weekly Schedule – My Class Schedule – List View]
Note: Eligibility to enroll in a class may change during the course registration period. A wait list position does not guarantee that you will be enrolled when space is available in the class.
- A process will run daily during the course registration period to enroll students from the wait list. The next eligible student (ex: student in position #1) will be assessed and if all enrollment conditions are met, the student will be automatically enrolled into the class.
Note: A delay between when a space becomes available in a class and when a student will be enrolled from the wait list may occur.
- A notification will be sent to your Western email account when you have been automatically enrolled into a class from a wait list. Check your personal class schedule regularly for wait list and enrollment changes.
How Many Wait Lists Can I Join?
|Term||Status||Maximum Wait List Units|
Do Wait List Units Count Towards my Total Course Load?
Wait list units will not count towards your enrolled course load. When you are enrolled in a full course load, make sure to use the swap option to add yourself to a wait list. By using the swap option, you will indicate which class should be dropped to make room in your course load.
How Do I Remove Myself From a Wait List?
Simply drop the class as you would drop any other class during the course registration period. You are responsible for dropping the class if you no longer wish to be enrolled.
I Was Not Enrolled From the Wait List. What Happened?
Enrollment conditions must be met to be enrolled from a wait list. If all enrollment conditions are not met, you will remain on the wait list and will be re-assessed the next time space is available.
For example, you will not be enrolled from a wait list if:
- Adding that class will create a time conflict
- Adding that class will exceed the maximum course load allowed for the term
- Enrollment priority/restriction has not been met. You may join a wait list even if you do not meet the current priority/restriction condition. However, enrollment from a wait list can only occur if the priority/restriction condition is met or is no longer required.