Updated July 15, 2020
Information for students who plan to graduate in Fall 2020:
A decision has been made to postpone Western’s fall convocation as part of our larger response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes all scheduled ceremony dates from October 21-23, 2020.
For those planning to graduate this fall:
- Your degrees will still be conferred in October (exact date to be determined), and your graduation “awarded” status will be reflected on your official transcript. Additional information about obtaining your degree will follow shortly.
- Please be sure to apply to graduate for Fall 2020.
- Plans are already underway to celebrate your achievements virtually in October, just as we did with your fellow Class of 2020 spring graduates in June.
- Please be assured Western is committed to providing all graduates the opportunity to participate in a future convocation ceremony when it is safe to do so.
- At this time, the University is planning to host in-person convocation ceremonies for our spring and fall 2020 graduates in May 2021. Updates will be provided as contingency plans develop.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to email the Office of the Registrar.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can see if you are eligible to graduate by going to your Student Center under Academics > View My Grades > Grade Report. Those eligible to graduate will have a grade report indicating Program Complete. Start checking after October 1, 2020.
You can order an Official Western Letter on your Student Center under Academics > Official Western Letters. Letters confirming your graduation will be completed after October 23, 2020.
Your transcript will show program complete once Program Complete shows under your Student Center under Academics > View My Grades > Grade Report.
The exact date will be determined shortly.
Information about obtaining your diploma will follow shortly.
Yes, you can get your diploma and still participate in a future ceremony.
Yes, if you graduated at the February 2020 In Absentia Convocation and have not already received your diploma, we will mail your diploma at no cost in July with the Spring 2020 diplomas.
The Bookstore at Western is now open for web orders and they are offering a 15% discount on frames until July 31, 2020. The link to order frames is https://bookstore.uwo.ca/products/bookstore/frames.