Updated May 15, 2020
Information for students who have applied to graduate in Spring 2020, or have already received confirmation of graduation:
- While Western postponed Spring 2020 convocation due to COVID-19, we are committed to providing an opportunity to celebrate in person once it is safe to do so and will follow up with graduates in the coming months.
- Your degrees will be conferred and graduation “awarded” status will be reflected on your official transcript, dated June 19, 2020. This is the official date you become part of our Western alumni family, which includes more than 300,000 #purpleandproud graduates worldwide.
- Plans are underway now to celebrate Class of 2020 Spring graduates on social and digital channels. We’re excited to share these plans with you and hope you, as well as your family and friends, will mark June 19 in your calendars as a day to celebrate your achievements.
- To confirm your eligibility to graduate, after June 1st, please check your grade report in Student Center under Academics > View My Grades > Grade Report. Those eligible to graduate will have a grade report indicating Program Complete.
- Once you confirm this, please provide us the address to which you would like your diploma mailed by logging into Student Center and selecting Diploma Mailing Address Verification. Diplomas will be couriered to graduates in July.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to email the Office of the Registrar.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can see if you are eligible to graduate by going to your Student Center under Academics > View My Grades > Grade Report. Those eligible to graduate will have a grade report indicating Program Complete. Start checking after June 1, 2020.
You can order an Official Western Letter on your Student Center under Academics > Official Western Letters. Letters confirming your graduation will be completed after June 19, 2020.
Your transcript will show program complete once Program Complete shows under your Student Center under Academics > View My Grades > Grade Report.
Your transcript will show degree conferred starting on June 19, 2020.
Yes, you can get your diploma and still participate in a future ceremony.
Yes, if you graduated at the February 2020 In Absentia Convocation and have not already received your diploma, we will mail your diploma at no cost in July with the Spring 2020 diplomas.
At this point, the Bookstore at Western continues to provide only digital course materials online. As decisions are made in the coming weeks, they will be better able to share details on other aspects of their services. Please check https://bookstore.uwo.ca/ and the Bookstore social media accounts for any updates.