December Exam Schedule
The Mid-Year Test and Exam period will be held from Sunday, December 8 – Thursday, December 19, 2019. The last day of Fall/Winter classes for Undergraduate students is Thursday, December 5, 2019.
How, and where, do I check the exam schedule?
- The FINAL Mid-Year test and Exam Schedule is now posted.
- Check on your phone! Download the WesternU Mobile app, sign in and check your personal exam schedule. Available for Android and iOS
- Don't have the app? Check your personal exam schedule.
What is the difference between a mid-year test and a final exam?
In the context of the posted schedule:
- The Registrar’s Office schedules mid-year tests (during the December time period) and final exams only
- Mid-Year Test: For the purpose of this schedule, a mid-year test is a test that takes place in December for a full-year course
- Final Exam: For the purpose of this schedule, a final exam is the evaluation that takes place at the end of a course (December final exams are scheduled for half-year courses).
What do I do if I have time conflicts?
- If you have two final exams scheduled in the same time slot (eg. 2 exams scheduled at 2:00pm on the same day) – this is considered a “Direct exam conflict”. You will have received an e-mail to your Western (@uwo.ca) account, outlining details on how to proceed, and the appropriate people to contact.
- If you have multiple tests/exams within a short timeframe (eg. 3 or more exams/mid-year tests scheduled within 3 consecutive periods* or 23 hours) – this is considered a “multiple exam situation”. You will have received an e-mail to your Western (@uwo.ca) account outlining details on how to proceed and the appropriate people to contact.
- Further information regarding conflicts see exam conflicts.
What can I do on the day of an exam if I have an emergency?
- Where possible, students should inform their instructor prior to the date of the exam.
- Contact your Home Faculty Academic Counselling unit immediately, and be prepared to provide supporting documentation. If your emergency occurs on a weekend, contact your Home Faculty Academic Counselling unit on the subsequent Monday morning.
- If you have a medical concern, and are visiting an off-campus physician, please ensure you bring a copy of the Student Medical Certificate to your Home Faculty Academic Counselling unit. This documentation will be required to determine if a make-up exam is warranted.
- Re-writing exams, or having the value re-weighted on a retroactive basis, is not a standard policy – and is typically determined through academic counselling. Should you decide to write your original exam, please be prepared to accept the mark you receive.
Where can I study?
The following study rooms will be available December 6-19, 2019 from 8:00am to 10:00pm.
- AHB 1B06
- B&GS 1056
- SEB 1056
- SEB 2100
- MC 17
- NCB 296
- NCB 295
- P&AB 36
- WL 258 (Dec 7-19)
Find more information see examinations.