Official Western Letters

An Official Western Letter is a document prepared and sealed by the Office of the Registrar to be used for various purposes, including:

  • Proof of current or past enrollment
  • Verification of upcoming graduation
  • Courses taken extra to a degree (e.g. QECO letters for teachers)
  • Statement of current fees or past fees paid
  • Degree Verification
  • Visa letters (for international students, must be indicated on form)

If the letter you require is not listed above, please contact Student Central for assistance. 

Note: We cannot put the following on an Official Western Letter: student grades (please order a transcript), list of courses taken (exception for Nursing students only).

Official Western Letters are considered confidential documents and therefore, cannot be ordered or released to anyone but the student unless authorized by the student to do so.  If you wish to have a third party order and/or pick up your Official Western Letter on your behalf you must complete a Release of Information available through your Student Center.