Tax Receipts are now available

Tax Receipts are now available

Receipts for the 2021 tax year are now available.


T2202s are tuition tax receipts issued to all students for tuition related to the calendar year.  These show the amount of tuition that can be deducted for income tax purposes as well as the number of months eligible for the education deduction, if applicable.  

Starting in 2020, Institutions are required to file the paid amount up to the maximum eligible amount on the T2202 tax receipt. If a payment is made after the original T2202 is issued, we can subsequently file an amendment to reflect the payments received up to the maximum eligible amount for the tax year. 

These receipts are provided through an online service on Student Center, which allows you to view your T2202 - Tuition and Education Amounts Certificate(s) from Taxation year 2000 and onwards.


T4A tax receipts are issued for either scholarships, bursaries or other monetary awards.  

If you gave consent, you can access your T4A online using our online T4A service located in Student Center.  If you did not consent, your T4A has been mailed to your home address on file.

Additional information on tax receipts can be found here.

Note: Graduate students may also be issued a T4A from the Human Resources department for non-employment income including income to Graduate Research Assistants, Post-Doctoral Fellows, fellowships, etc. For more information, please visit the HR Web Site.


T4 tax receipts are issued by an employer to employees for the income they earned in the calendar year. For information on these T4s only, contact Human Resources.

Free Tax Clinic for Western Students

University Students' Council (USC) organizes a series of free tax clinics for Western students every year in March. All tax returns are prepared and electronically submitted to CRA by CRA trained and authorized volunteers. For more information visit

Location: Book an appointment now via 

For up to date information on the clinic visit their Facebook page, USC Income Tax, that will have more up-to-date information on the clinic:  

This clinic is a registered community partner with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) under The Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP).