Planning for Next Year
Are you ready for September? It’s time to start thinking about the 2019-2020 Fall/Winter term. The following information outlines the steps for you to take as you prepare for next year.
View your 2018-2019 Fall/Winter Grade Report ( Student Center > Academics > My Academics > View My Grades > Grade Report tab for 2018 Fall/Winter). Grade Reports will be generated throughout the summer as progression decisions are received from the faculties.
Be aware that it is your responsibility to choose courses ensuring that you meet all pre-requisite, co-requisite, and anti-requisite requirements (definitions of these terms are available through the Academic Calendar).
The Academic Calendar provides course information such as course names, numbers, descriptions and the necessary pre-requisites/anti-requisites/co-requisites. Note: not all courses are offered every year.
Please be aware that many courses have restrictions on registration.
Make note of the following enrollment start dates:
- 4 th year students: Enrollment appointments will be scheduled between June 18 th and June 21 st
- 3 rd year students: Enrollment appointments will be scheduled between July 2 rd and July 5 th
- 2 nd year students: Enrollment appointments will be scheduled between July 9 th and July 12 th
- 1 st year students: Enrollment appointments will be scheduled on June 15 th
- Priorities Lift : July 19 th at 9:30 a.m. EST (Note: registration closes on July 18 th at 4:00 p.m. EST to prepare for Priorities lifting.) When priorities lift, you must still meet all pre-requisite, co-requisite, and anti-requisite requirements.
2 to 3 days before the enrollment start dates for your year of study (see Step 4), check your Western @uwo.ca e-mail account for information on obtaining your specific enrollment start time.
- Enrollment Start Time – the first time the online course registration system becomes available to you. Your enrollment time will continue from the time specified until July 18 th at 4:00 p.m. EST (see Step 4 for additional course registration dates).
Get your enrollment start time by logging into your Student Center and selecting “Details” under Enrollment Dates on the right side of the page. Please note that you will not be able to enroll in classes prior to your enrollment start time. However, once your enrollment start time has arrived, course registration will remain available for you until being briefly terminated on July 18 th at 4:00 p.m. EST.
Beginning July 19th at 9:30 a.m. EST your enrollment appointment will begin again for priority lift day. This appointment time is your first opportunity to enroll in courses once we lift the initial priorities. You will continue to be able to adjust your Fall/Winter 2019 classes until September 13 at 11:59 p.m.
NOTE: We expect the system to slow down for 30 minutes when priorities lift.
Enroll in your courses at your enrollment start time or any time afterwards. Check out our Step by Step Guide to Registration for detailed instructions on how to add, drop, and swap courses via the Student Center.
- Please Note: Using a computer script to evade security systems or to automatically enroll in courses is not authorized and contrary to Western’s Computing, Technology & Information Resources policy (Policy 1.13) ( http://www.uwo.ca/univsec/pdf/policies_procedures/section1/mapp113.pdf ). The Office of the Registrar will be monitoring the use of such scripts during the upcoming registration periods. If anyone is identified as using such scripts to evade security systems or to automatically enroll in courses, the individual may be removed from courses and given a late registration appointment time. The individual may also be subject to other sanctions.
If applying for OSAP, complete your application and submit all supporting documentation by June 30th to ensure your application is processed by September.
Pay your tuition fees through online banking by August 1, 2019 (1st year students) or August 15, 2019 (Upper year students). Affiliate students, different tuition due dates may apply.
Need More Help? Student Central is here to help you
The Student Central Helpline 519-661-2100 option 1 then 2
1st Year Registration (June 15th) – 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST
Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST
You can also speak to someone in Student Central by visiting us in room 1120 of the Western Student Services Building or e-mailing us at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if the course says “not full” on the web version of the timetable but comes up as “full” when I try to register?
This happens when you do not meet the priority or restriction placed on the course. You may not get special permission to avoid these situations.
Do I have to call the Helpline for help to enroll in every course I want to take if I have transfer credits?
No, you will not have to call the Helpline unless one of your transfer credits is considered to be the pre-requisite or co-requisite for the course you would like to enroll in.
There are different types of requisites:
- Pre-requisites – a course that must be successfully completed prior to registration for credit in the desired course;
- Co-requisites – a course that must be taken concurrently with (or prior to registration in) the desired course; and
- Anti-requisites – a course that overlaps sufficiently in course content that both cannot be taken for credit.
A Priority is when students in specific degrees/modules have the first opportunity to register. Priorities lift on July 19th at 9:30 a.m. EST. A restriction is when only students in specific degrees/modules may register in that course. Note: Special permission is not normally granted to students who do not meet restrictions or priorities since these are in place so program students can get courses to be able to graduate.
You can see your special permission by logging into Student Center and looking under “Academics”.
Yes, review our Swapping a Lab or Tutorial information.
Follow our step by step instructions to move the courses to your Course Enrollment Worksheet.