How To Apply

Step 1: Application

To apply for US Student Loans complete the free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) available at the FAFSA website. The Federal School code for Western University is G08446.

Step 2: Go to

On this website students/parents can:

  • View their loan documents
  • Complete Entrance and Exit Counseling
  • Sign their Master Promissory Note
  • Complete PLUS Request process
  • Endorse PLUS loans

All first time borrowers of Stafford or Grad PLUS loans must complete entrance counseling before funding can be released. The U.S. Department of Education also requires all students to participate in Exit Counseling shortly before they graduate, withdraw or cease to be enrolled at least half time.

Students and parents borrowing funds through a Parent PLUS loan must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) before funding can be released. The MPN must be e-signed on an annual basis when attending a post-secondary institution outside of the US.

Step 3: Forms

You will also need to complete all relevant forms and submit them to Student Financial Aid.

  1. Information Form
  2. Credit Balances
  3. Parent PLUS funding credit balances
  4. Exchange Form
  5. SAAI Form