Tax Receipts

Tax Receipts

Getting ready for the tax season? Your tax receipts will be available in February.

Here's a quick listing of the tax receipts that you might need from the University and where to get them. For more information, please visit the Tax Receipts page.


T2202As are tuition tax receipts issued to all students for tuition related to the calendar year. These show the amount of tuition that can be deducted for income tax purposes as well as the number of months eligible for the education deduction. These receipts are provided through the Student Center under Finances -> Tax Receipts. They will be available on or before February 28, 2018.

Student Donation Fee

Student Donation fee receipts for income tax purposes are available through the Student Center under Finances -> Tax Receipts. These receipts are for the student faculty donation fees.


T4A tax receipts are issued for either scholarships, bursaries or other monetary awards. Students have been asked to provide their consent to receive their T4A online; alternatively, they will be mailed to the address on file. Students who consented to receive their T4A online by February 9, 2018, will be able to view them online starting February 14, 2018. Students who did not consent to receive their T4A online by February 9 can still view their T4A online by consenting any time after February 14.

Note: Graduate students may also be issued a T4A from the Human Resources department for non-employment income including: income to Graduate Research Assistants, Post Doctoral Fellows, fellowships, etc. For more information please visit the HR Web Site.


T4 tax receipts are issued by an employer to employees for income they earned in the calendar year. For information on these T4s only, contact Human Resources.

Free Tax Clinic for Western Students

University Students' Council (USC) organizes a series of free tax clinics for Western students every year in March. All tax returns are prepared and electronically submitted to CRA by CRA trained and authorized volunteers. For more information visit

This clinic is a registered community partner with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) under The Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP).